*Opens purple Grace Hopper tote bag with a flourish*
Let's see what cool swag we have today:
- Wells Fargo Playing cards
- CA ballcap
- Yahoo Mirror compact (omg I've wanted a new one ever since mine broke!)
- MS Nerf slingshot arrow thing that I'm scared to use (cf. my irrational terror of all things elastic)
- EZ Antivirus 2005, also from CA
- An awesome bag of NCWIT green smarties that vaguely resemble Advil tablets
- A pin and some (yay!) pens :D
And THEN I walked over to the table and met Erica Rios, the person who I was corresponding with when I volunteered to be a blogger. And I thought she was just a liason for bloggers. Hah! She's only one of the major volunteers on the whole GHC organizing committee, working a dream's dream at the Anita Borg Institute for Women and Technology. Can I do that too? Maybe one day.
I met another, different, Erica on the flight over here, from UBC. She's presenting a paper at the Poster Session, though she just finished her undergrad degree this year! I hope I see her around again. Today we experienced "World Famous Fish Tacos" together at the outdoor shopping centre food court across the way. They were ok (ie. go for the burrito instead.)
Just ate a green NCWIT smartie. It's actuallly an M&M! Awesome!
PS. Jen and Amanda will agree with me: Green is the new blue.