Sunday, October 15, 2006

And THIS is how computing is relevant to life

In my biomedical imaging computing science course, I'm learning about corpus callosum segmentation of MRI scans.

This, of course, helps me predict episode 3x03 of Grey's Anatomy:

McDreamy quizzes Dr. Yang: "Mr. Tressel here's having a corpus callosotomy. What's that gonna look like?"

Me:*Shoots out Jeopardy buzzer-hand ala Elliot Reed reflex* ding! "OH I TOTALLY know this. What is... something about the bridge between the two hemispheres of the brain!?"

Dr. Yang's response: "We'll be severing some of the fibres that connect the left and right hemispheres of his brain to prevent the spread of seizure activity from one half of the brain to the other."

Me:*dances with glee*

Yep. My computing courses like, teach me stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally irrelevant but I just had to gush about how absoluetly handsome *melt* McDreamy is ... ^_^ lol. I'm not so big on McSteamy though...

Unknown said...

McDreamy has that Lord of the Rings Aragorn thing going, rugged and hair all over the place. But not my type :) Neither is McSteamy, but then again he's the bad guy.