Monday, January 01, 2007

I'm so excited!

Happy New Year! This vacation has completely rejuvenated me. I'm ready to attack the new year, with this as my motto:
"Look forward"

It's quite simple really. I realized what had been making me unhappy! And I'd even anticipated it, like an all-seeing prophet, 2 years ago. I still remember the day, driving to school, carpooling with Yang.

The sun was shining, the air clear and breezy. It was Spring semester, 2005, and life was GREAT. CSSS was rocking, like, real hard, and I felt so hyperfunctional, I must have been on drugs or something. I remember telling this to my co-pilot:

"I am SO happy right now. Life is so amazing." *big grin from ear to ear*
and then a silent nag to myself:"... you realize, everything after this is downhill."

Downhill.

Of course, this was quickly brushed aside and forgotten.

Well, I GET it now. I've been comparing everything to that best time of my life. But you can't ressurrect the past, only move forward and do new things, create, find new goals and challenges, and maybe another amazing year will present itself. Better? Who cares, I'm not comparing.

"Look forward"

My honey gave me good advice, and that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Happy new year, everyone.

No comments: